Welcome

I would like to welcome you to my blog page. Here you can find encouragement from God's word, recepies, craft ideas, home schooling ideas, and ideas on Godly womanhood and motherhood. So please feel free to look around....
God's Love and Blessings
Jamie

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Yadda Yadda Yadda


Do you like to talk??? Silly question to ask a woman I know. We as women love to speak. Speak about anything from the weather, our hair, home school, to the dust bunnies in the corner. Women speak close to 5,000 words per day, and some much much more . That is a lot of jabber.
Have you ever said anything you wish you could take back? Another silly question as well. We all have. I think that my mouth overloads my brain. We often go back and think ,"Why on earth did I say that?" I think that Sari soon to be Sarah felt that way. She told Abram to take Hagar as his wife so he could have a son through her. Of course we all know what happened. As soon as Hagar conceived she began to taunt Sari. Sari became furious and treated her unkindly. Neither woman was in the right, but I want to look at Sari. If she had just trusted God and kept her big mouth shut. It sure would have saved her a lot of trouble. Wow!!! That speaks volumes to me. How about you???

Proverbs 10:19 says this: When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.

None of us want to be fools. However, when we talk too much we often wind up with that being thought of us. Sin lurks, and when we babble on about things using many words it will always find a foothold. We must be careful to choose our words with wisdom.
May the Lord help us all to curb our tongues this week, and help us to consider our words carefully.

Gods Love and Blessings

No comments: